- Friday, December 6, 2019: Providence Winter Lights Market Kennedy Plaza, Providence, RI 02903
- Tuesday, December 31, 2019: Providence AS220 115 Empire St, Providence, RI 02903
AS220’s big New Year’s Eve Show
- Friday, January 17, 2020: Brooklyn Rubulad
For address, email [email protected]
- Saturday, January 18, 2020: Brooklyn Golden Festival 2020 263 Prospect Ave, Brooklyn, New York 11215
- Saturday, October 19, 2019: Greenfield, MA Hawks and Reed Performing Arts Center 289 Main St, Greenfield, MA 01301
- Monday, October 14, 2019: Providence, RI PRONK Festival PVD Pedestrian Bridge, Providence, RI 02903
Catch us at 5:30pm in the parade from the Hurricane Barrier to the new Providence River pedestrian bridge.
Then, at 8:30, we play a full set by the pedestrian bridge!
- Sunday, October 13, 2019: Somerville/Cambridge, MA HONK Festival, Day 2 (Parade) Harvard Square, Cambridge, MA
The parade from Davis Square to Harvard Square steps off at noon!
Then, catch a brief set on the Harvard Square main stage at 5pm.
- Saturday, October 12, 2019: Somerville, MA HONK Festival, Day 1 Davis Square, Somerville, MA
- Saturday, September 7, 2019: Raleigh, NC Hopscotch Music Festival
- Friday, September 6, 2019: Washington, DC Rhizome 6950 Maple St NW, Washington, DC 20012
- Thursday, September 5, 2019: Brooklyn, NY Rubulad
- Friday, August 23, 2019: Providence AS220 115 Empire St, Providence, RI 02903
- Sunday, August 18, 2019: Worcester, MA Collective A Go Go
- Friday, August 16, 2019: Portland, ME SPACE Gallery 538 Congress St Portland, Maine 04101
- Thursday, August 8, 2019: Providence, RI Burnside Park Summer Music Series Burnside Park, Providence RI 02903
- Saturday, May 18, 2019: Wassaic, NY The Wassaic Project Community Day
- Friday, May 17, 2019: Providence Fete 103 Dike St, Providence, RI 02909
- Saturday, May 11, 2019: Pittsburgh, PA Pittonkatonk 2019 Schenley Park, Vietnam Veteran’s Pavilion Driveway, Pittsburgh, PA 15207
Los Mirlos (Peru)
Dzambo Agusevi Orchestra (Macedonia)
La Misa Negra (Oakland, CA)
Rebel Diaz (The Bronx, NY)
Lemon Bucket Orkestra (Toronto, ON)
Detroit Party Marching Band (Detroit, MI)
- Saturday, January 19, 2019: Brooklyn, NY Golden Fest 2019 263 Prospect Ave, Brooklyn, New York 11215
We are honored to play the second night of Golden Fest once again!
- Friday, January 18, 2019: Brooklyn, NY Rubulad
- Thursday, January 17, 2019: Brooklyn, NY Littlefield 635 Sackett St, Brooklyn, NY 11217
We’re playing Raya Brass Band’s 10-year Anniversary Party!
- Friday, January 11, 2019: Providence, RI Warmer Warmer
We’re playing just a few songs at this little shindig! So are a bunch of bands we’re friends with!
- Wednesday, October 31, 2018: Brooklyn, NY Market Hotel 1140 Myrtle Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11221
- Tuesday, October 30, 2018: Providence, RI Columbus Theatre 270 Broadway Providence, RI 02903
- Monday, October 8, 2018: Providence, RI Providence Honk Festival Bridge St & Tockwotton St, Providence, RI
We are proud to be performing at our home town’s own PRONK — the Providence Honk Festival! Join us and a lot of great bands — we go on at 9:15pm under the hurricane barrier.
- Sunday, October 7, 2018: Cambridge, MA HONK! Festival of Activist Street Bands – Day 2 Harvard Square, Cambridge, MA
- Saturday, October 6, 2018: Somerville, MA HONK! Festival of Activist Street Bands – Day 1 Davis Square, Somerville, MA
- Saturday, September 29, 2018: Boston, MA
Boston Fuzzstival 2018
- Sunday, September 9, 2018: Providence, RI Columbus Theater 270 Broadway, Providence, Rhode Island 02903
We’re proud to support long-time community organizer Rachel Miller in her campaign for Providence City Council Ward 13!
- Saturday, August 18, 2018: Watkins Glen, NY
Phish: Curveball 2018
- Thursday, August 16, 2018: Providence, RI Burnside Park Summer Music Series Burnside Park, Providence RI 02903
- Sunday, August 5, 2018: Burlington, VT Festival of Fools 135 Church Street, Burlington, VT
- Saturday, August 4, 2018: Burlington, VT Festival of Fools 135 Church Street, Burlington, VT
- Friday, August 3, 2018: Burlington, VT Festival of Fools 135 Church Street Burlington, Vermont 05401
- Thursday, August 2, 2018: Montreal, QC La Plante
- Wednesday, August 1, 2018: Toronto, ON Jam Factory 2 Matilda St, Toronto, ON
- Tuesday, July 31, 2018: Buffalo, NY Mohawk Place 47 E Mohawk St, Buffalo, New York 14203
- Monday, July 30, 2018: Rochester, NY The Bug Jar 219 Monroe Ave, Rochester, NY 14607
- Sunday, July 29, 2018: Ithaca, NY The Haunt 702 Willow Ave Ithaca NY 14850
- Saturday, July 28, 2018: Kingston, NY Hudson Valley Brassroots Festival 160 Esopus Ave Kingston, New York 12401
- Friday, July 27, 2018: Worcester, MA Elm Park 138 Russell St, Worcester, MA 01602
- Sunday, July 15, 2018: Providence, RI AS220
- Saturday, July 7, 2018: Ashfield, MA Ashfield Lake House 141 Buckland Rd, Ashfield, MA 01330
- Saturday, June 30, 2018: Portland, ME Space Gallery (Field Day) Edward Payson Park, Portland ME
This event is hosted by Space Gallery, but will be taking place at Payson Park.
- Wednesday, June 20, 2018: Pawtucket, RI Machines with Magnets 400 MAIN STREET, PAWTUCKET, RI 02860
- Saturday, June 9, 2018: Providence PVD Fest Providence, RI 02903
- Friday, June 1, 2018: Allston MA Aeronaut Allston 267 Western Ave, Boston, Massachusetts 02134
- Saturday, May 12, 2018: Kingston, NY BSP Kingston 323 Wall Street, Kingston, NY
- Saturday, May 12, 2018: Wassaic, NY The Wassaic Project 37 Furnace Bank Rd, Wassaic, NY 12592
- Saturday, May 5, 2018: Pittsburgh, PA Pittonkatonk 2018 May Day Brass Picnic Vietnam Veterans Pavilion, Schenley Park, Vietnam Veteran’s Pavilion Driveway, Pittsburgh, PA 15207
Keleta and Super Yamba Band (Benin/NYC)
Mdou Moctar (Niger)
Detroit Party Marching Band (Detroit)
Esso Afrojam (Chicago)
Sto-Rox Marching Band (Pittonkatonk Education Program Participant)
- Saturday, April 28, 2018: Providence, RI Brown University Spring Weekend (Day 2)
- Friday, April 27, 2018: Medford, MA Spring Thing
- Saturday, April 21, 2018: Greenfield, MA Hawks and Reed 289 Main St, Greenfield, MA 01301
- Saturday, January 13, 2018: Brooklyn, NY Zlatne Uste Golden Festival 2018 263 Prospect Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11215
Once again, we’re playing the US’s largest festival of Balkan Music! Golden Festival showcases more than 50 bands and acts on multiple stages over two nights at the Grand Prospect Hall in Brooklyn. We are playing late night on Saturday!
- Thursday, January 11, 2018: Providence, RI Nick-A-Nees 75 South St Providence, Rhode Island 02907
- Friday, October 13, 2017: Providence RI The Shack 1 ship street Providence RI 02903
Our friends at Stay Silent PVD (the folks behind Bounce House, Luv U Better and DAY TRILL) are now programming The Shack, a new pop-up seafood restaurant/park on the former I-195 land. This is the inaugural event, so come check it out! RSVP for free entry at Staysilentpvd.com
- Monday, October 9, 2017: Providence, RI Pronk
- Sunday, October 8, 2017: Somerville, MA Honk! 2017 (Day 2) Davis Square, Somerville, MA
- Saturday, October 7, 2017: Somerville, MA Honk! 2017 (Day 1) Davis Square, Somerville, MA
- Saturday, September 30, 2017: Montpelier, VT Montpelier Honk! Fest
- Friday, September 22, 2017: Greenfield, MA Hawks & Reed 289 Main St., Greenfield, Massachusetts 01301
West Philly Orchestra
- Saturday, September 16, 2017: Stratford, CT Two Roads Brewing Company Ok2berfest 1700 Stratford Ave Stratford, CT 06615
- Saturday, September 16, 2017: Pawtucket, RI The Met 1005 Main St, Unit 1112 Pawtucket, Rhode Island
- Saturday, September 9, 2017: Willimantic, CT Willimantic Records Riverside Drive, Willimantic, CT
We play early in the afternoon!
- Thursday, August 24, 2017: Providence, RI Burnside Park burnside park, providence ri 02903
As part of the Burnside Music Series, we’re playing a free summer show at Burnside Park!
- Saturday, August 19, 2017: Newport The Parlor
- Friday, August 11, 2017: Providence Aurora 276 Westminster St, Providence, Rhode Island 02903
DUAL ALBUM RELEASE SHOW!
DJ Schleifdog, DJ Cathawk
- Saturday, August 5, 2017: Portland, ME Space Gallery 538 Congress Street Portland, ME
- Sunday, July 16, 2017: Brooklyn, NY Out in the Streets Festival 272 Meserole St Brooklyn, NY
- Saturday, July 1, 2017: Ashfield, MA Ashfield Lake House 141 Buckland Rd, Ashfield, MA 01330
- Friday, June 30, 2017: Kingston, NY BSP 323 Wall St, Kingston, NY 12401
- Thursday, June 29, 2017: Ithaca, NY The Dock 415 Old Taughannock Blvd, Ithaca, NY 14850
- Wednesday, June 28, 2017: Pittsburgh, PA Blumcraft 460 Melwood Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
- Tuesday, June 27, 2017: Cleveland, OH Mahall’s 13200 Madison Ave, Lakewood, OH 44107
- Monday, June 26, 2017: Chicago, IL Township 2200 N. California Ave. Chicago, IL 60647
- Sunday, June 25, 2017: Louisville, KY The Mammoth
- Saturday, June 24, 2017: Chattanooga, TN Wayne-O-Rama 1800 Rossville Ave #108, Chattanooga, TN 37408
- Friday, June 23, 2017: Knoxville, TN TBA
- Thursday, June 22, 2017: Asheville, NC The Mothlight 701 Haywood Rd, Asheville, NC 28806
- Wednesday, June 21, 2017: Durham, NC The Pinhook 117 W. Main St., Durham, NC 27701
- Tuesday, June 20, 2017: Richmond, VA Gallery 5 200 W Marshall St, Richmond, VA 23220
- Monday, June 19, 2017: Charlottesville, VA Champion Brewing 324 6th Street SE, Charlottesville, VA 22902
PLEASE NOTE: Show location has been moved from IX Art Park to Champion due to weather.
- Sunday, June 18, 2017: Washington, DC Comet Ping Pong 5037 Connecticut Ave NW Washington, DC, 20008
- Saturday, June 17, 2017: Philadelphia, PA Under a Bridge
- Friday, June 16, 2017: Brooklyn, NY Littlefield 635 Sackett St, Brooklyn, NY 11217
- Tuesday, June 6, 2017: Providence, RI AS220 95 Empire Street, Providence, RI 02903
- Saturday, May 20, 2017: Wassaic, NY The Wassaic Project 37 Furnace Bank Road, Wassaic, NY 12592
Celebrate the Wassaic Community! What Cheer will lead a parade featuring community and artist-made floats. The party will extend into the evening with a concert at local venue, The Lantern. Proceeds from the evening show go to the Whale Scholarship Fund, in partnership with the Wassaic Fire Company. The scholarship benefits Webutuck and Dover High School seniors as they pursue secondary education.
- Saturday, May 20, 2017: Kingston, NY Aether 11 van buren st. kingston, NY
- Saturday, May 6, 2017: Pittsburgh Pittonkatonk Schenley Park, Pittsburgh PA
Afro Yaqui Collective
Black Bear Combo
La Misa Negra
Detroit Party Marching Band
Lowdown Brass Band
Extraordinary Rendition Band
May Day Marching Band
May Day Choir
Detroit Pleasure Society
Drum Lines and Hard Rhymes
Colonel Eagleburger’s Highstepping Goodtime Band
- Saturday, April 29, 2017: Boston Boston En Masse 156 Highland Ave, Somerville, Massachusetts 02143
- Saturday, January 14, 2017: New York, NY The Grand Prospect Hall 263 Prospect Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11215
What Cheer returns again to our favorite festival, the Zlatne Uste Golden Festival! Join us for an amazing eight hours of Balkan music and dancing, with several simultaneous performances going all night long throughout the ballrooms of the Grand Prospect Hall in Brooklyn, NY.
- Monday, October 10, 2016: Providence, RI Pronk
Daytime Events on Burnside Park, Downtown Providence
Parade to the Hurricane Barrier, Fox Point, Providence
Evening Performances at the Hurricane Barrier
- Sunday, October 9, 2016: Cambridge, MA Honk Festival Day 2 Harvard Square, Cambridge, MA
- Saturday, October 8, 2016: Somerville, MA Honk Festival Day 1 Davis Square, Somverille, MA
- Sunday, September 18, 2016: Stratford, CT Two Roads Brewing Company 1700 Stratford Ave, Stratford, CT
We will be playing at the Two Roads Ok2berfest!
- Saturday, September 17, 2016: Rockland, ME Camden International Film Festival – After Dark Party 11 Lime St. Rockland, ME
Open only to Camden International Film Festival all access passholders
- Sunday, August 28, 2016: Belfast, ME Waterfall Arts 256 High St, Belfast, Maine 04915
Waterfall Arts’ 10 Year Anniversary Celebration
This is a daytime show.
- Saturday, August 27, 2016: Portland, ME Space Gallery 538 Congress Street, Portland, ME
(New England) Patriots
- Friday, August 26, 2016: Brattleboro, VT TBA – check Facebook link
- Thursday, August 25, 2016: Providence, RI Dexter Park (“Armory Park”) Parade St, Providence, RI
The 4th annual Free PRONK! Family Fun Day! We’re bringing pre-PRONK! fun to the Providence / Armory Farmers Market again this year—Thursday, August 25, 4-7pm. Make masks and instruments for the PRONK parade (materials will be provided); playSCIENCE with Katie; instrument petting zoo; face painting; hula hooping and more!
- Saturday, August 6, 2016: Baltimore, MD The 5th Dimension (H&H Building) 405 W. Franklin St. Baltimore, MD 21201
Short Notice Brass Band
- Friday, August 5, 2016: Pittsburgh, PA Brillo Box 4104 Penn Ave, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15224
- Thursday, August 4, 2016: Columbus, OH The Summit 2210 Summit St Columbus, OH 43201
Thunder Thighs + The Shadow Goblin
The Alien Autopsies Covered in Cat Hair featuring the LSD Vending Machine Ensemble
- Wednesday, August 3, 2016: Penland, NC Penland School of Crafts 67 Doras Trl, Bakersville, NC 28705
- Tuesday, August 2, 2016: Durham, NC The Pinhook 117 W Main St, Durham, NC 27701
- Monday, August 1, 2016: Richmond, VA Strange Matter 929 W Grace St, Richmond, VA 23220
- Sunday, July 31, 2016: Washington, DC Comet Ping Pong Comet Ping Pong 5037 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20008
- Saturday, July 30, 2016: Philadelphia Panorama Warehouse 5213 Grays Ave Philadelphia, PA 19143
Enter Panorama through the gate on the west side of the building
- Friday, July 29, 2016: Brooklyn Sunnyvale 1031 Grand Street Brooklyn, NY 11211
- Thursday, July 28, 2016: Boston Ask Around!
- Sunday, July 3, 2016: Ashfield, MA Ashfield Lake House 141 Buckland Rd, Ashfield, MA 01330
Math the Band the Band
- Saturday, July 2, 2016: Kingston, NY BSP 72 Crown Street, Kingston, NY
A Late Show in BSP’s Backroom Theater.
Enter on Crown Street behind BSP under the neon “Somewhere” sign for access.
- Friday, July 1, 2016: Ithaca, NY Lot 10 106 S. CAYUGA STREET ITHACA, NY 14850
- Thursday, June 30, 2016: Akron, OH Hive Mind 375 W Exchange St Akron, OH
- Wednesday, June 29, 2016: Chicago, Il Emporium 1366 N Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, IL 60622
- Tuesday, June 28, 2016: Grand Rapids, MI DAAC 333 Rumsey St SW, Grand Rapids, MI
- Monday, June 27, 2016: Detroit, MI Marble Bar 1501 Holden St Detroit, MI
- Sunday, June 26, 2016: Toronto Kensington Market Pedestrian Sundays Kensington Market Toronto, ON, Canada
- Saturday, June 25, 2016: Kingston, ON Skeleton Park Festival Alma St, Kingston, ON, Canada
- Friday, June 24, 2016: Montreal La Plante
Plus! It’s a zine launch party for Chercher Noise #2.
- Thursday, June 23, 2016: Plainfield, VT Plainfield Opera House 18 High St, Plainfield, VT 05667
- Wednesday, June 22, 2016: Providence, RI AS220 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI 02903
- Saturday, June 4, 2016: Providence, RI One Providence Experience at The Ruins 35 Weybosset St, Providence, Rhode Island 02903
a FREE and OPEN TO THE PUBLIC event
In the shadow of the ruins of the Providence National Bank
NAOMI SHELTON & THE GOSPEL QUEENS
LAST GOOD TOOTH
special sets by
WHAT CHEER? BRIGADE
Dance party after midnight
Celebratory toasts between bands
- Saturday, June 4, 2016: Wassaic, NY The Wassaic Project 37 Furnace Bank Road Wassaic, NY 12592
- Thursday, May 26, 2016: Boston, MA The Sinclair 52 Church St, Cambridge, MA
with Debo Band: deboband.com
- Saturday, May 7, 2016: Pittsburgh, PA Pittonkatonk 40.433830, -79.944078
A massively awesome May Day brass fest in Pittsburgh at the Vietnam Veterans Pavilion in Schenley Park.
- Friday, May 6, 2016: Lancaster, PA Tellus360 24 E King St, Lancaster, PA 17602
- Saturday, April 16, 2016: Providence, RI Brown Spring Weekend
Brown Spring Weekend
- Saturday, January 16, 2016: Brookyln, NY Golden Fest 2016 263 Prospect Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11215
Golden Fest is the premier Balkan music event in the US!
- Friday, January 15, 2016: Brooklyn, NY Aviv 496 Morgan Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11222
- Saturday, October 31, 2015: Providence, RI Brown Street Park brown street park, providence, ri 02906
- Saturday, October 24, 2015: Providence, RI AS220’s 30th Anniversary Bash at Lupo’s and AS220 95 Empire Street. Providence RI
After the fancy party at Lupo’s, parade with us to AS220 for a FREE SHOW with us, plus:
Roz and Rice Cakes
Alec K. Redfearn and the Eyesores
- Monday, October 12, 2015: Providence, RI Pronk
Daytime performance at Burnside Park, followed by parade to The Hurrican Barrier.
Night time set at the Hurricane Barrier.
- Thursday, September 10, 2015: Providence, RI <3 CR
- Saturday, August 15, 2015: Machias, ME The Blackfly Ball 1 elm street, machias, me
- Friday, August 14, 2015: Portland, ME Space Gallery 538 Congress Street, Portland, ME
- Sunday, July 26, 2015: Montreal 185 Van Horne 185 Van Horne, Montreal, QC
- Friday, July 24, 2015: Baie-St-Paul, Quebec Le Festif! de Baie-St-Paul
- Thursday, July 23, 2015: Burlington, VT Speaking Volumes (Presented by Friends and Family) 377 Pine Street Burlington Vermont 05401
- Monday, July 20, 2015: Cambridge, MA Middle East Upstairs 472-480 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139
(New England) Patriots
- Friday, July 10, 2015: Ashfield, MA The Ashfield Lakehouse 141 Buckland Road, Ashfield, MA
- Friday, June 26, 2015: Providence, RI Columbus Theater 270 Broadway Providence, RI 02903
An evening of free music in support of the Community Safety Act
WHAT CHEER? BRIGADE
POETS MUGGS FOGARTY AND VATIC
Between sets learn about The Community Safety Act
City Councillors MaryKay Harris and Luis Aponte
State Representative John Lombardi
Emcees Victoria Ruiz & Peter Glantz
- Sunday, June 21, 2015: Amorebieta-Etxano Haizetara 2015 – Day 3 Amorebieta-Etxano, Spain
- Saturday, June 20, 2015: Amorebieta-Etxano Haizetara 2015 – Day 2 Amorebieta-Etxano, Spain
- Friday, June 19, 2015: Amorebieta-Etxano Haizetara 2015 – Day 1 Amorebieta-Etxano, Spain
- Thursday, June 18, 2015: Toulouse, FR Les Pavillons Sauvages 35 avenue Jean Dagnaux, Toulouse, FR
- Wednesday, June 17, 2015: Villefranche-de-Rouergue, FR Place Saint Jean Place Saint Jean, 12200 Villefranche-de-Rouergue
- Tuesday, June 16, 2015: St. Ambroix, FR
- Sunday, June 14, 2015: Barcelona Party at Montjüic Montjüic, Barcelona, Spain
- Saturday, June 13, 2015: Mezquita de Jarque, Teruel, ES Tamborile Mezquita de Jarque, Teruel, ES
- Friday, June 12, 2015: Grenoble, FR Fort en Son Fort De LA Bastille, 38000 Grenoble, France
- Thursday, June 11, 2015: Dijon, FR Quartier des Lentillères 45 bis rue Philippe Guignard, 21000 Dijon
- Tuesday, June 9, 2015: Paris, FR Pont Des Arts Pont des Arts, 75006 Paris, France
- Sunday, June 7, 2015: Amsterdam, NL Mezrab Veemkade 576, 1019BL Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Sunday, June 7, 2015: Amsterdam, NL Noorderparkkamer Floraparkweg, 1032 BZ Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Saturday, June 6, 2015: Mützingen, DE Alte Ziegelei Mützingen 29499 Zernien Germany
- Friday, June 5, 2015: Berlin, DE Köpi Köpenicker Str. 137, 10179 Berlin, Germany
- Friday, May 29, 2015: Providence, RI The Columbus Theater 270 Broadway, Providence, RI 02903
with: Pitchblak Brass Band
PLUS: DJ Pandemic Pete
- Saturday, May 9, 2015: Boston, MA goblin town/the labyrinth
New England Patriots,
Electric Street Queens
- Saturday, May 9, 2015: Providence, RI The Providence Public Library – Don’t Stop the Music 225 Washington Street Providence, RI 02903
- Saturday, May 2, 2015: Pittsburgh, PA Pittonkatonk Schenley Park, Pittsburgh PA
Pitchblak Brass Band
Detroit Party Marching Band
Black Bear Combo
May Day Marching Band
UPREP High School Marching band
- Saturday, April 18, 2015: Providence, RI Brown University Spring Weekend (Day 2) Brown University, Providence, RI 02912
- Saturday, March 28, 2015: Providence, RI AS220 95 Empire Street, Providence, RI 02903
- Saturday, January 17, 2015: Brooklyn NY Golden Fest 2015 263 Prospect Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11215
- Friday, January 16, 2015: Brooklyn, NY Aviv 496 Morgan, Brooklyn, NY
What Cheer? Brigade
Unstoppable Death Machines
doors at 8, show at 9
- Monday, October 13, 2014: Providence, RI Pronk India Point, Providence, RI
- Sunday, October 12, 2014: Cambridge, MA Honk Festival Day 2 Harvard Square, Cambridge, MA
As always, Day 2 of Honk overlaps with HArvard Square Oktoberfest.
- Saturday, October 11, 2014: Somerville, MA Honk Festival Day 1 Davis Square, Somerville, MA
- Sunday, September 28, 2014: Stratford, CT Two Roads Brewing Company Oktoberfest 1700 Stratford Ave Stratford, CT 06615
- Saturday, September 27, 2014: Biddeford, ME The Oak and The Ax 140 Main St. Biddeford, ME 04005
- Saturday, September 27, 2014: Peaks Island, ME Fifth Maine Regiment Memorial Hall Peaks Island, ME
- Friday, September 26, 2014: Worcester, MA The Firehouse
- Sunday, September 21, 2014: Providence, RI Aurora 276 Westminster Street
The Annual Pronk Fundraiser
- Saturday, September 6, 2014: Raleigh, NC The Hopscotch Music Festival 14 W Martin St, Raleigh, NC 27601
Show at Kings Barcade
with: White Octave
- Friday, September 5, 2014: Elon, NC Pandora’s Pies 130 N Williamson Ave Elon, North Carolina 27244
A free afternoon show in bucolic Elon!
- Wednesday, September 3, 2014: Brooklyn, NY Death By Audio 49 s 2nd st Brooklyn, NY 11249
with: Ed Schrader’s Music Beat
- Thursday, August 14, 2014: Warren, RI Burr’s Hill Park burr’s hill park, warren, RI
- Thursday, August 14, 2014: Providence, Ri Burnside Park Burnside Park, Providence RI
We’re playing one of the Burnside Music Series 2014 concerts!
- Saturday, July 26, 2014: Kingston, NY BSP 323 Wall St, Kingston, NY
- Saturday, July 26, 2014: Brooklyn, NY Out in the Streets Festival 1820 Flushing Ave. Queens, New York
- Friday, July 4, 2014: Big Sur, CA Ask Around!
- Thursday, July 3, 2014: Santa Cruz, CA The Santa Cruz Museum of Art and History 705 Front St, Santa Cruz, California 95060
Early outdoor show behind the Museum!
Music starts at 7:00
- Wednesday, July 2, 2014: Oakland, CA ABCo Art Space 3135 Filbert St, Emeryville, California 94608
- Tuesday, July 1, 2014: Santa Barbara, CA Biko Infoshop 6612 sueno rd, Isla Vista, CA
- Monday, June 30, 2014: Los Angeles, CA Church of Fun Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90029
- Sunday, June 29, 2014: San Diego, CA The Bancroft 9143 Campo Rd, Spring Valley, CA 91977
- Saturday, June 28, 2014: Tijuana Mous Tache Bar Calle Madero #1250 Entre 6 y 7 Zona Centro, 22000 Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico
- Friday, June 27, 2014: San Francisco, CA Brick and Mortar 1710 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA
Extra Action Marching Band
- Thursday, June 26, 2014: Chico, CA GRUB Cooperative (Heart Seed Farm) 1525 Dayton Rd. Chico CA
10-15$ sliding scale, no one turned away for lack of funds
Doors 8pm/ music starts 8:30pm
Come hungry, dinner available! Cobb oven Pizzas, salad, kombucha-
Dinner served until the fire goes out!
- Wednesday, June 25, 2014: Ashland, OR Mix Sweet Shop 57 N. Main Street, Ashland, Oregon 97520
- Tuesday, June 24, 2014: Portland, OR Dante’s 350 West Burnside Street Portland, OR 97209
- Monday, June 23, 2014: Olympia, WA The Northern 414 1/2 Legion Way SE Olympia, WA 98501
- Sunday, June 22, 2014: Port Townsend, WA Quimper Grange 1219 Corona Street Port Townsend, WA 98368
- Sunday, June 22, 2014: Seattle, WA Honk Fest West (Day 3)
- Saturday, June 21, 2014: Seattle, WA Honk Fest West (Day 2)
- Friday, June 20, 2014: Seattle, WA Honk Fest West
Our Honk West debut!
- Saturday, June 14, 2014: Worcester, MA Collective A Go-Go
Collective A Go-Go’s annual anniversary party!
- Friday, June 13, 2014: Providence, RI Aurora 276 Westminster Street Providence, RI 02903
– Join us at the Cable Car Cinema (204 S. Main St. Providence, RI 02903) for a double feature premier of:Brasslands – a feature documentary about the Guca festival in Serbia.$10 (admission to the move allows you to get into the evening show for just $5).
– Parade from the Cable Car to AuroraHere’s the route: http://bit.ly/1qu9Ypp
– Show at Aurora with:The What Cheer? Brigade (that’s us)Javelin – Hometown heroes who made it bigMalportado Kids – Electro-punk-cumbia starring Joey Quits and Victoria!Father Murphy – Dark noise from Venice Italy$8, but only $5 with your ticket stub from the film premier!Again, proceeds from this show will benefit flood relief in the Balkans.If you can’t come, but would like to give, please visit: http://www.rcsbh.org/
- Saturday, May 31, 2014: Brooklyn, NY Littlefield 622 Degraw Street, Brooklyn, NY 11217
With Raya Brass Band
- Saturday, May 31, 2014: Wassaic, NY The Wassaic Project 37 Furnace Bank Rd, Wassaic, NY 12592
The Wassaic Project Community Day
- Saturday, May 17, 2014: Providence, RI The Urban Pond Procession Mashapaug Pond, Providence, RI
Come celebrate another year of advocacy and service around Mashapaug Pond! For the first time, the procession will be held in the evening, with a roving shadow puppet show, creative lanterns to light the way and a variety show to cap off the night. The Extraordinary Rendition Band provides music for the first half of the parade; What Cheer joins for the second half, near JT Owents park at approximately 7:30.
- Saturday, May 17, 2014: Boston, MA The Labrynth
Email for the address!
- Friday, May 16, 2014: Providence, RI New Urban Arts 705 Westminster Street, Providence, RI
We’re proud to support New Urban Arts for their big end of year celebration, the Art Party! The Art Party marks the end of a yearlong collaboration between Providence artists and high school students. The festivities culminate with a parade of puppets and fashion. Line Westminster Street and watch students from New Urban Arts, Inspiring Minds and Youth Pride, Inc. roll by with epic human-powered giant papier-mache creations.
- Saturday, May 3, 2014: Pittsburgh, PA Pittonkatonk May Day Brass Festival Schenley Park, Pittsburgh PA
Detroit Party Marching Band
Lungs Face Feet
Black Bear Combo
Free, but donations accepted.
At the Vietnam Veterans Pavilion in Schenley Park.
- Friday, May 2, 2014: Brooklyn, NY Brooklyn Night Bazaar 165 BANKER STREET, BROOKLYN 11222
A Totally Free Show!
- Saturday, April 26, 2014: Alfred, NY Alfred University Hot Dog Day
We’re playing Alfred University’s big annual party.
- Friday, April 25, 2014: Ithaca, NY Just Be Cause 1013 W. State St. Ithaca, NY
The Newman Brothers
Mayhem Attack Squad
- Thursday, April 24, 2014: Troy, NY CAC-Woodside 71 Mill St Troy, NY
- Saturday, April 12, 2014: Tiverton, RI Sandywoods 43 Muse Way, Tiverton
- Friday, April 11, 2014: Providence, RI Brown University Spring Weekend
- Saturday, January 18, 2014: Brooklyn, NY Zlatne Uste Golden Fest 2013 263 Prospect Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11215
Once again, we will close out the second night of Golden Fest! This amazing festival is the foremost celebration of Balkan music in the US and we are so honored to participate.
- Sunday, December 22, 2013: Cambridge, MA The Middle East 472-480 Massachusetts Ave. Cambridge, MA 02139
- Saturday, November 23, 2013: Providence, RI Building 16
- Wednesday, October 30, 2013: Pawtucket, RI The Met 1005 Main Street Pawtucket, RI 02860
- Monday, October 14, 2013: Providence, RI Pronk India Point, Providence, RI
- Sunday, October 13, 2013: Somerville, MA Honk 2013 – Day 2 Davis Square, Somerville, MA
- Saturday, October 12, 2013: Somerville, MA Honk 2013 – Day 1 Davis Square, Somerville, MA
- Friday, October 4, 2013: Brooklyn, NY Cheap Storage 49 Wyckoff Ave Bushwick Brooklyn, NY 11237
- Saturday, September 28, 2013: Toronto, ON The Horseshoe Tavern 370 Queen Street West, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5V 2A2
- Saturday, September 28, 2013: Toronto, ON The Small World Music Festival – Small World in the Square Yonge-Dondas Square, Toronto, ON, Canada
Small World in the Square is free all day!
- Friday, September 27, 2013: Buffalo, NY Hickory Urban Sanctuary 232 Pratt St
- Thursday, September 26, 2013: Easthampton, MA The Flywheel 43 Main Street, Easthampton, MA
- Sunday, September 1, 2013: Providence, RI The RISD Museum 224 Benefit Street, Providence, Rhode Island
What Cheer and the Assembly of Light Choir will be collaborating together for a unique performance at the RISD Museum, part of the Locally Made series at the RISD Museum.
- Sunday, August 18, 2013: Peaks Island, ME The Lions Club 2 Garden Pl, Peaks Island, ME 04108
Presented by the Peaks Island Lecture Series, this will be an early show. Join us on the 2:15 ferry from Portland to Peaks Island. The band plays the Lions Club around 3pm.
- Saturday, August 17, 2013: Machias, ME The Machias Valley Grange Hall 1 Elm St., Machias, ME
The Beehive Collective’s 8th Annual Blackfly Ball
- Friday, August 16, 2013: Starks, ME Green Love 45 Abijah Hill Road Starks, ME
Appearing on the Main Stage at 6pm.
- Thursday, August 15, 2013: Annandale-on-Hudson, NY The Spiegeltent at the Fisher Center for the Performing Arts
- Saturday, July 27, 2013: Washington, DC Comet Ping Pong 5037 Connecticut Ave NW Washington, DC 20008
Sasha Lord Presents!
- Friday, July 26, 2013: Knoxville, TN World’s Fair Park World’s Fair Park, Knoxville, TN
- Thursday, July 25, 2013: Chattanooga, TN Sluggo’s North 501 Cherokee Blvd. Chattanooga, Tennessee 37405
- Wednesday, July 24, 2013: Liberty, TN Sassafrass
- Tuesday, July 23, 2013: Russellville, AR The Cavern (Thurberdome) 316 West B street, Russellville, Arkansas
- Tuesday, July 23, 2013: Little Rock, AR Children’s Library & Learning Center 4800 W. 10th St. Little Rock, AR 72204
An early show for kids and grownups!
- Monday, July 22, 2013: Hot Springs, AR Low Key Arts 118 Arbor, Hot Springs, AR
- Sunday, July 21, 2013: Baton Rouge, LA The Ivanhoe Field 3253 ivanhoe street, baton rouge, LA 70802
- Saturday, July 20, 2013: New Orleans, LA The AllWays Lounge 2240 Saint Claude Avenue New Orleans, LA 70117-8421
- Friday, July 19, 2013: Pensacola, FL Sluggo’s 101 S Jefferson St Pensacola, FL 32502,
- Thursday, July 18, 2013: Birmingham, AL The Bottle Tree 3719 3rd Ave S, Birmingham, Alabama 35222
- Wednesday, July 17, 2013: Athens, GA Farm 255 255 W Washington St Athens, Georgia 30601
- Tuesday, July 16, 2013: Columbia, SC Conundrum Music Hall 626 Meeting Street, West Columbia, SC 29169
- Monday, July 15, 2013: Asheville, NC Toy Boat 101 Fairview Road , Asheville NC 28803
The Francis and Francisa Talent Show
- Sunday, July 14, 2013: Chapel Hill, NC Nightlight 405 1/2 West Rosemary Street, Chapel Hill, NC
- Saturday, July 13, 2013: Richmond, VA The Wingnut 2005 Barton Avenue, Richmond, VA
- Saturday, July 13, 2013: Richmond, VA Black Iris Gallery 21 West Broad Street
- Friday, July 12, 2013: Baltimore, MD The 5th Dimension (H&H Building) 405 W. Franklin St. Baltimore, MD 21201
- Thursday, July 11, 2013: Philadelphia, PA Underground Arts 1200 Callowhill Street, Philadelphia PA
- Saturday, June 29, 2013: Pittsburgh, PA The Princess Garage 1127 Winterton St. Pittsburgh, PA 15206
- Friday, June 28, 2013: Lancaster, PA Celebrate Lancaster! Penn Square, Lancaster, PA 17603
We play at 8:00pm, but we’re likely to pop up again elsewhere later in the night.
- Thursday, June 27, 2013: New Haven, CT The New Haven People’s Center 37 Howe St New Haven, CT
- Saturday, June 22, 2013: Brooklyn, NY Hillstock Day 2 (Block Party on Emerson Place) 106 Emerson Place, Brooklyn, NY
- Saturday, June 22, 2013: Coney Island, NY The Mermaid Parade Surf Ave and W. 21st Street, Brooklyn, NY
- Sunday, May 26, 2013: Brooklyn, NY Glasslands 289 Kent Ave Williamsburg NY 11249
- Saturday, May 25, 2013: Portland, ME Space Gallery 538 Congress Ave, Portland, ME 04101
- Friday, May 24, 2013: Providence, RI AS220 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
- Thursday, May 23, 2013: Boston, MA The Middle East Upstairs 472-480 Massachusetts Ave. Cambridge, MA 02139
- Friday, May 10, 2013: Providence, RI New Urban Arts’ Art Party! 705 Westminster Street Providence, RI
The Art Party is New Urban Arts’ annual celebration is their biggest event of the year, and it marks the culmination of a yearlong collaboration between artists and young people. The event is free and open to the public.
We play at 6:30.
- Saturday, May 4, 2013: Greenfield, MA The GrandStand, Franklin County Fairgrounds 87 Wisdom Way Greenfield, MA 01301
- Friday, May 3, 2013: Hartford, CT The Hartford Denim Company
- Saturday, April 27, 2013: Brooklyn, NY 285 Kent 285 Kent Ave, Brooklyn, NY
After-party for Dan Deacon performance at the Met.
- Saturday, April 27, 2013: New York, NY The Metropolitan Museum of Art 1000 Fifth Avenue New York, NY 10028
UPDATE: THIS SHOW IS CANCELLED; Other shows this weekend are still on.
We are going to be part of Dan Deacon‘s ensemble again as part of a special performance at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Friday, April 26, 2013: Brooklyn, NY Living Bread 2 Knickerbocker Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11237
Hosted by Bird Dog Productions, What Cheer? is pleased to headline a show in Brooklyn on the eve of our show with Dan Deacon at the MET (Museum of Art). Come fill the nooks and crannies of a neighborhood deli/venue and dance til the smile on your face turns into a grimace of ecstacy.
Veveritse at 10pm – the squirrels need to work off their winter layers
Guignol at 11pm
- Friday, April 19, 2013: Providence, RI Brown University Spring Weekend
- Friday, April 5, 2013: Providence Building 16
- Saturday, March 9, 2013: Providence, RI Roots Cafe 276 Westminster Street Providence, RI 02903
- Saturday, January 19, 2013: Brooklyn, NY Zlatne Uste Golden Fest 2013 263 Prospect Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11215
Once again, we will close out the second night of Golden Fest! This amazing festival is the foremost celebration of Balkan music in the US and we are so honored to participate.
- Wednesday, January 16, 2013: Providence AS220 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI 02903
- Monday, October 8, 2012: Providence, RI PRONK! India Point Park, Providence, RI 02906
Check the website for schedule updates!
- Sunday, October 7, 2012: Somerville, MA HONK! Fest Day 2 Davis Square, Somerville, MA
Check here for the schedule of bands on both days!
- Saturday, October 6, 2012: Somerville, MA HONK! Fest Day 1 Davis Square, Somerville, MA
An overwhelming pageant of street bands from around the world!
- Saturday, September 15, 2012: Pawtucket, RI Rocktucket Pawtucket, RI 02860
More bands TBA!
- Friday, September 14, 2012: Providence Roots Cafe 276 Westminster Street, Providence, RI 02903
What Cheer? Brigade
Extraordinary Rendition Band
The Get Lively Experiment
Contact: [email protected]omFacebook Event: http://www.facebook.com/events/450726211627078/
A Benefit for PRONK! 2012 – Catch favorite Providence brass bands and their bilingual- punk and weirdo-folk offshoots. The walls will bend in sheer ecstatic joy. WC?B’s first show returning from European Tour = as tight as they’ll ever be. ERB has been enjoying an island summer…catch it! The MC for part of the evening will be a surprise mutant-animal-alien-hybrid motormouth from BIG NAZO LAB. All funds raised from the door will go towards bringing 10+ out of town bands to Providence for the 2012 rendition of PRONK!, everyone’s favorite street band festival, Monday October 8th. www.providencehonkfest.org
- Sunday, September 9, 2012: Isle of Wight, UK Bestival
Appearing as Part of the Church of Love and Ruin!
- Friday, September 7, 2012: Brighton, UK Coalition 171-181 Kings Road Arches, BN1 1NB Brighton, UK
- Thursday, September 6, 2012: Reading, UK SUB89 110-117 Friar Street Reading RG1 1EP Reading UK
- Wednesday, September 5, 2012: Birmingham, UK HMV Institute 78 Digbeth High Street, Digbeth, Birmingham, B5 6DY, UK
B. Dolan and Mean Fiddler Present the Church of Love and Ruin UK:
- Tuesday, September 4, 2012: Liverpool, UK The Kazimier 4-5 Wolstenholme Square Liverpool L1 4JJ UK
B. Dolan and Mean Fiddler Present the Church of Love and Ruin UK:
- Monday, September 3, 2012: London, UK Jazz Cafe 5 Parkway, Camden Town, London, NW1 7PG
B. Dolan and Mean Fiddler Present the Church of Love and Ruin UK:
- Sunday, September 2, 2012: Aarhus, Denmark Aarhus Festuge
Appearing throughout the city as part of the festival.
- Saturday, September 1, 2012: Aarhus, Denmark Aarhus Festuge
Appearing throughout the city as part of the festival.
- Friday, August 31, 2012: Aarhus, Denmark Aarhus Festuge
Appearing throughout the city as part of the festival.
- Thursday, August 30, 2012: Malmo, Sweden Uddeholmsgatan (Parken bakom Kontrapunkt) Uddeholmsgatan malmö, Sweden
More info soon!
- Wednesday, August 29, 2012: Berlin, Germany Bassy Cowboy Club 176A Schönhauser Allee 10119 Berlin
Appearing as part of Pinky’s Peepshow!
Open: 21:00 | Start: 22:00
- Tuesday, August 28, 2012: Hamburg, Germany Hafenklang Große Elbstraße 84, 22767 Hamburg, Germany
Eintritt: 10.00 € | Open: 20:30 | Start: 21:30
- Sunday, August 26, 2012: Reykjavik, Iceland Faktory Faktorý, 6, 101 Reykjavik, Miðbær, Iceland
- Sunday, July 29, 2012: New York, NY The Studio at Webster Hall 125 East 11th Street Manhattan, NY 10003
- Saturday, July 28, 2012: Pawtucket, RI The Met 1005 Main Street Pawtucket, RI 02860
- Friday, July 27, 2012: Portland, ME Space Gallery 538 Congress Street Portland, ME 04101
- Thursday, July 26, 2012: Boston, MA Church of Boston 69 Kilmarnock Street Boston, MA 02215
- Sunday, July 15, 2012: Pawtucket, RI Machines with Magnets 400 Main Street, Pawtucket, RI 02860
What Cheer? is playing the record release party for our friends, Debo Band, a psychedelic Ethiopian pop band out of Boston. Also on the bill, home-town heroes of yore, Javelin. Sick.
Debo Band (record release show!)
What Cheer? Brigade
Doors at 8pm. Tickets at the door only.
- Sunday, June 24, 2012: Toronto, ON El Mocambo 464 Spadina Ave Toronto, ON M5T, Canada
- Saturday, June 23, 2012: Kingston, ON Skeleton Park Music Festival
- Friday, June 22, 2012: Troy, NY Guerilla Show Under the Bridge!
Followed by a parade back to 51 3rd St., which will then host a dance party.
- Saturday, May 5, 2012: Bennington, VT Bennington College Sunfest
- Friday, May 4, 2012: Montpelier, VT The Alumni Hall Gymnasium at Vermont College 36 College Street, Montpelier, VT
7:30 Doors / 8:30 Show
All Ages – $10 – Kids 12 and under by donation
- Sunday, April 29, 2012: Waltham, MA Brandeis University Festival of the Arts 415 South Street, Waltham, MA 02453
- Saturday, April 28, 2012: Belfast, ME Free Range Music Festival, various locations
What Cheer? heads down east once again for the third annual installment of this grassroots, volunteer-powered celebration of original music.
- Friday, April 27, 2012: Portland, ME Ask Around!
- Saturday, March 31, 2012: Pittsburgh, PA The Princess 1127 Winterton St. Pittsburgh, PA 15206
Lungs Face Feet
with DJs Pandemic Pete + Edgar Um
- Friday, March 30, 2012: Philadelphia, PA PiLam 3914 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Thursday, March 29, 2012: Brooklyn, NY Public Assembly 70 N. 6th Street Brooklyn, NY
- Friday, March 23, 2012: Providence as220 115 Empire Street Providence, RI 02903
show is a fundraiser for Atraves and Nicaragua
- Saturday, January 14, 2012: Brooklyn, NY Golden Fest 2012 263 Prospect Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11215
With a ridiculous array of bands playing music from the Balkans and beyond. At the beautiful Grand Prospect Hall in Park Slope.
- Friday, January 13, 2012: New York, NY C-Squat 155 Avenue C, new york, ny
Our last show here got cancelled during the hurricane Irene weekend of scare radio when all of the Lower East Side was evacuated. Friday the 13th is a pretty invincible date for a rain check.
Doors at 7:30, show at 8:30. $5-7
With, Mirrors and Wires, Swaggerin Growlers, and more tba!
And here’s a Facebook event for it!
- Saturday, November 19, 2011: Providence, RI Firehouse 13 41 Central St, Providence, RI
- Sunday, October 30, 2011: New York, NY Tompkins Square Park Tompkins Square Park, New York, NY
- Saturday, October 29, 2011: Asbury Park, NJ Asbury Lanes 209 4th Ave., Asbury Park, NJ 07712
Due to a serious medical emergency, What Cheer? will not be appearing at Paranormal’s Nightmare Ball. We are very sorry and will try to make it back to NJ as soon as we can!
Hosted by Paranormal Books
Music, madness, tricks and treats await you inside Asbury Lanes. Fabulous prizes awarded to the most impressive and most horrifying costumes, as judged by the What Cheer? Brigade!
This is an 18+ show. $20.00 to enter.
- Thursday, October 20, 2011: Brooklyn, NY Public Assembly 70 North 6th Street Brooklyn, NY 11211
- Monday, October 3, 2011: Providence, RI PRONK (The Providence Honk Festival)
Check http://providencehonkfest.org/ for full details!
- Sunday, October 2, 2011: Somerville, MA Honk! Festival (Day 2) Davis Square, Somerville, MA
For the Schedule of all our appearances and most up-to-date info:http://honkfest.org/schedule/
- Saturday, October 1, 2011: Somerville, MA Honk! Festival Davis Square, Somerville, MA
For the Schedule of all our appearances and most up-to-date info:
- Saturday, September 17, 2011: Providence, RI Dusk 301 Harris Ave, Providence, RI 02907
A fundraiser for Providence HONK (aka PRONK!) 2011!
Featuring WC?B plus local PRONK favorites, the Extraordinary Rendition Band, and local bands Kickin Brass and Nftali Avari, and living Providence legends the Double Decker Brass Band.
Come dance your pants off…inside Dusk and onto Harris Ave!
- Saturday, September 10, 2011: Portland, ME Space 538 538 congress street, Portland, ME
- Saturday, September 10, 2011: Portland, ME Space 538 538 Congress Street, Portland, ME
During the day, Space’s annual BLOCK Party will feature a free performance by the Brigade to whet your appetite for our full show later that night!
- Friday, September 9, 2011: Portland, ME Space 538 538 Congress Street, Portland, ME
ARTIST TALK. (Not a show). A few of us will be talking about Providence, brass band traditions, contemporary street band culture, pop, punk and so much more. If you’re in Northern New England and have an interest in hearing our take on such matters, this is your chance!
- Saturday, August 27, 2011: New York, NY C-Squat 155 Avenue C, New York, NY
- Friday, August 26, 2011: Baltimore, MD Current Gallery 421 North Howard Street, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Saturday, August 13, 2011: Minneapolis, MN Nick & Eddie’s Warehouse 1612 Harmon Place Mpls MN 55403
- Friday, August 12, 2011: Viroqua, WI The Viking Inn (Upstairs) 113 N Main St. Viroqua, WI 54665
with: Math the Band
Davy’s Hoedown Band
- Friday, August 12, 2011: Madison, WI Just Coffee Collective HQ 1129 E Wilson St. Madison, WI 53703
1:30pm – Performance at Just Coffee
Followed by Parade to The Willy East Co-op 1221 Williamson Street.
- Thursday, August 11, 2011: Chicago, IL Panchos 2200 N. California Ave Chicago, IL
- Wednesday, August 10, 2011: Detroit, MI Trumbullplex 4210 Trumbull Detroit, MI 48208
- Tuesday, August 9, 2011: Toronto, ON Relaxo Lounge (upstairs of Rancho Relaxo) 300 College Street Toronto, ON M5T 1R9, Canada
- Monday, August 8, 2011: Kingston, ON The Mansion 506 Princess Street, Kingston, ON, Canada
with: Math the Band,
From The Sun
- Sunday, August 7, 2011: Ottawa, ON Montgomery Legion 330 Kent St. Ottawa Ontario, K2P 2H3
- Saturday, August 6, 2011: Montreal, QC La Sala Rossa 4848 boul. St-Laurent Montreal, QC H2T 1R6
- Friday, August 5, 2011: Easthampton, MA The Flywheel Arts Collective 43 Main Street Easthampton, MA 01027
- Thursday, August 4, 2011: Providence, RI Riverside Park Aleppo Street and the Woonasquatucket River Greenway, Providence, rI 02909
TOUR KICKOFF SHOW!
Outdoor Performance at 6:00 in Riverside Park.
Part of the “Celebrate Providence!” Neighborhood Performing Arts Series. Sponsored and presented by: the Olneyville Collaborative, the City of Providence (Angel Taveras, Mayor), the Department of Art, Culture + Tourism, and the Department of Parks & Recreation.
- Saturday, July 30, 2011: Newport Rhode Island Newport Folk Festival Fort Adams Pt. State Park, Newport, RI 02840
Check the website for the incredible lineup and ticketing info!
- Sunday, July 3, 2011: Ettington, VT The North American High Five Championships
- Saturday, July 2, 2011: Unidas, ME The Sturgeon County Fair (Day Two)
- Friday, July 1, 2011: Unidas, ME The Sturgeon County Fair
- Saturday, June 25, 2011: Providence, RI AS220 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI 02903
- Saturday, June 18, 2011: Worcester, MA
- Monday, May 30, 2011: Boston, MA Brighton Music Hall 158 Brighton Avenue, Allston, MA
- Saturday, May 21, 2011: Providence, RI The 4th Annual Urban Pond Procession
Support an inspired movement for clean water in Rhode Island.
- Sunday, May 1, 2011: Providence, RI Basement Brewhaus 116 calverly st.
Mayday Carnival fundraiser for Libertalia
4-10pm; we perform at 7pm.
This is a kid-friendly event with games, fun, food, beer and happy children!
DJ Snaxxx and Staxxx.
$5-10 donation gets you so much fun you wont be able to handle it!
- Sunday, May 1, 2011: Waltham, MA Leonard Bernstein Festival of the Creative Arts at Brandeis University
We perform at 2pm
- Saturday, March 12, 2011: Austin, TX Honk! TX – Day Two
- Friday, March 11, 2011: Austin, TX Honk! TX – Day One
- Thursday, March 10, 2011: Houston, TX Super Happy Fun Land 3801 Polk Street, Houston TX 77003
- Wednesday, March 9, 2011: Dallas, TX Good Records 1808 Lower Greenville Ave. Dallas, TX 75206
- Sunday, March 6, 2011: New Orleans, LA The Hi-Ho 2239 Saint Claude Avenue New Orleans, LA 70117
- Saturday, March 5, 2011: New Orleans, LA The AllWays Lounge 2240 St. Claude Ave. New Orleans, LA
- Saturday, March 5, 2011: New Orleans, LA Tucks Parade
Catch us in the Tucks Parade!
- Sunday, February 13, 2011: Portland, ME SPACE Gallery 538 Congress St., Portland, ME 04101
- Saturday, February 12, 2011: Providence, RI The Met 1005 Main Street, Pawtucket, RI
- Friday, February 11, 2011: Cambridge, MA The Western Front 343 Western Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139
- Thursday, February 10, 2011: New York, NY The Studio at Webster Hall 125 East 11th Street New York, NY 10003
- Saturday, January 15, 2011: Brooklyn, NY Grand Prospect Hall 263 Prospect Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11215
Zlatne Uste Golden Festival 2011
Please note that Golden Fest 2011 is in a new, way more convenient location with an earlier end time! Check the website for full details. We are thrilled to have been invited back to this amazing event.
- Friday, November 12, 2010: Worcester, MA The Firehouse
- Saturday, October 30, 2010: Pawtucket, RI Machines with Magnets 400 Main Street Pawtucket, RI 02860
- Friday, October 29, 2010: Storrs, CT UConn Student Union Ballroom 2110 Hillside Road, Storrs, CT 06269-3008
Free with UConn Student ID; $10 without.
- Monday, October 11, 2010: Providence, RI India Point Park and Fox Point 575 South Water Street, Providence, RI 02903
The Providence HONK! Festival is back, and What Cheer? will be out in effect. Watch for us in the parade down Wickenden (starting at the India Point Park Pedestrian bridge at 5pm) and a surprise night time show (location TBA).
- Sunday, October 10, 2010: Somerville, MA HONK! – Day 2 davis square, somerville, ma
And we will be back with beligerence for the HONK! Parade, at the Oktoberfest HONK! Stage and evening Somerville Theatre performance.
- Saturday, October 9, 2010: Somerville, MA HONK! – Day 1 Davis Square, Somerville, MA
- Friday, September 17, 2010: Providence, RI The Homestead 124 Snow Street, Providence, RI 02903
PRAWNK! Attacks: benefit to support Providence HONK! Fest
Get ready for PRAWNK! at, the brand-spanking new, HOMESTEAD
Helps keep music on the streets and YOU out of trouble!
Featuring local HONK! favorites and affiliates:
What Cheer? Brigade
Devil Eyes (Montreal Punx; dear friends of the WC?B)
Garlic and Moonshine
- Sunday, September 12, 2010: Pawtucket, RI Machines with Magnets 400 Main Street Pawtucket, RI 02860
A special free event:
We’re gonna record live studio tracks with YOU! Be part of the audience recorded for posterity at Machines with Magnets Studio in Pawtucket. There’s singalong parts, plenty of opportunities for heckling and shouting, and a nice big space to get free.
Capacity for this event will be way lower than usual for MWM because of the presence of recording equipment throughout the room.
- Saturday, August 28, 2010: Providence, RI Peace and Plenty Park Peace St & Updike St Providence, RI 02907
A family fun type of event!
With the AS220 Youth Studios and Extraordinary Rendition Band
- Tuesday, August 24, 2010: Providence, RI Waterplace Restaurant 1 Finance Way, Providence, RI
David Segal fundraiser. 6pm — With Larry Lessig and Micah Jackson. Donate what you can afford.
- Saturday, August 14, 2010: Providence, RI AS220 Foo Fest 2010! 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI 02903
and so many other awesome bands!
(we play at 6pm)
- Wednesday, August 11, 2010: Providence, RI Riverside Park 78 Aleppo Street, Providence, RI 02909
This is as hometown as hometown shows get! Made possible by the Olneyville Collaborative and the Providence Department of Arts, Culture and Tourism.
- Saturday, August 7, 2010: Montreal, QC Death Church 3067 Wellington, Montréal, QC, Canada
with: Your Highness
- Friday, August 6, 2010: Albany, VT Northeast Kingdom Music Festival 919 Barton Rd., Albany, VT
with so many awesome bands
- Sunday, August 1, 2010: Newport, RI Newport Folk Festival (Day 2) harrison avenue newport ri 02840
- Saturday, July 31, 2010: Newport, RI Newport Folk Festival (Day 1) Harrison Avenue, Newport, RI
- Monday, July 26, 2010: Providence, RI The 201 201 Westminster Street, Providence, RI 02903
This show is Lightning Bolt’s tour homecoming show AND a benefit for the medical bills of Nicole Reinert. AMAZING!
- Saturday, July 24, 2010: Providence, RI Soundsession 2010 Providence, RI
Soundsession is Back!
Catch us on the parade
- Monday, July 19, 2010: Providence, RI Providence Sound Session 276 Westminster Street, Providence, 02903
- Sunday, July 4, 2010: Valdieri, Italy La Cornacchia Piazza della Resistenza, 13
- Sunday, July 4, 2010: Turin, Italy Reggia di Venaria 10078 Venaria Reale Turin, Italy
With Pink Puffers!
- Saturday, July 3, 2010: Florence, Italy La Asociacion Il Melograno Via Aretina 513 Firenze
- Thursday, July 1, 2010: Fregene, Italy La Rivetta Fregene, Italy
- Thursday, July 1, 2010: Rome, Italy
- Wednesday, June 30, 2010: Genoa, Italy Piazza de Ferrari Piazza de ferrari, genova, italia
- Tuesday, June 29, 2010: Marseille, France Enthropy 1 rue Consolat, 13001 Marseille, FRANCE
With DJ Rabby Jean Claude
- Monday, June 28, 2010: Montpellier, France La Place des Beaux-Arts Place des Beaux-Arts, 34000 Montpellier, FRANCE
Concert gratuit en plein air!
- Sunday, June 27, 2010: Toulouse, France Les Pavillons Sauvages 35 avenue Jean Dagnaux
with Jo Beans
- Saturday, June 26, 2010: Amorebieta-Etxano, Spain Haizetara Festival Amorebieta-Etxano, Spain
- Friday, June 25, 2010: Amorebieta-Etxano, Spain Haizetara Festival Amorebieta-Etxano, Spain
- Thursday, June 24, 2010: L´Hospitalet de Llobregat (Barcelona), Spain La Resistencia Rosalia de Castro 92 L´Hospitalet de Llobregat, Espanya
- Wednesday, June 23, 2010: Barcelona, Spain La Nit de Sant Joan Plaza del Mercat de Barceloneta, Barcelona, SPAIN
La Nit de Sant Joan; trobar-nos als carrers!
- Saturday, June 5, 2010: City Goes Here Brooklyn Renegade Craft Fair McCarren Park, Brooklyn, NY
Special Daytime Appearance!
The fair runs from 11am to 7pm, and we’ll play early on, around noon!
- Friday, June 4, 2010: Queens, NY The Silent Barn 915 Wyckoff Ave Queens, NY 11385
- Friday, May 21, 2010: Providence, RI AS220 115 empire st, providence, ri
- Friday, April 23, 2010: Philadelphia, PA Danger Danger Gallery 5013 BALTIMORE AVE. PHILADELPHIA, PA 19143
- Thursday, April 22, 2010: New York, NY Santos Party House 96 Lafayette Street New York, NY 10013
Basically a ridiculously sweet party with Javelin, DJs and us!
- Saturday, April 10, 2010: Hartford CT Real Art Ways 56 Arbor St, Hartford CT 06106
Fundraiser for a cool art center. Voted Advocate Party of the Year 2009
- Friday, April 9, 2010: Providence Lupo’s Heart Break Hotel 79 Washington Street Providence, RI 02903
With Fungus Amungus. What will the jam band kids think of us?
- Friday, April 9, 2010: Providence RI The Grand Ballroom of the Providence Biltmore 11 Dorrance Street Providence, RI 02903
Kick off Party for RISD’s Queer Week 2010. Sponsored by Paint It Pink and RISD Queer Week. with:
DJ Morgan Louis
6$ in Drag or with Brown/RISD ID
Tickets Available at The Alleycat, RISD Carr House, or Armageddon Shop
- Sunday, March 28, 2010: Providence Rhodes on the Pawtuxet 60 Rhodes Place, Cranston, RI, 02905
Rhode Island Rocks 4 HaitiA benefit for The Providence Haiti OutreachRhodes-on-the-Pawtuxet, Cranston, RI $20
Featuring: What Cheer? Brigade, John Cafferty & the Beaver Brown Band, Steve Smith & the Nakeds, Cover to Cover, Image, Brass Attack, Blue Lobsta, Identity Crisis & Many More.1 pm to 7pm
All ages are welcome
- Saturday, February 27, 2010: Providence (B. Dolan record release) Jerky’s 71 Richmond St, Providence, RI
We’re playing the release show for B. Dolan’s new album, Fallen House!
- Sunday, January 17, 2010: Brooklyn Don Pedro 90 Manhattan Ave, Brooklyn, NY
- Saturday, January 16, 2010: New York City Golden Fest 620 Isham, New york, NY
On Saturday Jan 16th, from 6pm-4am, it’s Golden Festival! For the price of admission (not cheap, but worth every penny!), you get over 40 Balkan-related bands on multiple stages, as well as unlimited beer and food. And closing out the night, at the very end of the night, will be yours truly, What Cheer? Brigade. It’s way up at 207th street…. More info here: http://www.zlatneuste.org/GFsched10.htm
WARNING: This event usually sells out, so get there early (last year they closed the doors at 9, but then reopened them later) and / or buy your tickets online in advance (and you get a discount — no stupid “handling fees” either).
Even if you don’t live in NYC, this is worth a special trip. Aside from our annual recess show at an elementary school, Golden Festival is the best recurring event we do every year, and some people in the band have even said it’s consistently the best musical event they’ve ever attended, period. Where else will you dance ecstatically to brass bands, with a goofy smile on your face, surrounded by hundreds of aging hippies, Macedonian teenagers, prancing 6-year-olds, and beautiful young New York musicians?
- Tuesday, October 27, 2009: Providence, RI Firehouse XIII 41 Central Street, Providence, RI 02907
- Monday, October 12, 2009: Providence HONK!
The HONK! Festival comes to Providence for one day only! All events are FREE!
1:00-5:30pm – Bands in India Point Park
6:00pm – Parade down Wickenden Street
7:00-11:00pm – Block party on South Water Street.
- Saturday, October 10, 2009: Somerville, MA HONK! Festival Davis Square, Somerville, MA
- Friday, September 18, 2009: Providence, RI AS220 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI 02903
- Saturday, August 15, 2009: Machias, ME Machias Grange Hall 3 Elm Street, Machias, ME 04654
The Beehive Collective’s Blackfly Ball
- Friday, August 14, 2009: Belfast, ME SOUND ON SOUND @ RO HE GE 12 mill lane Belfast, me 04915
Big Blood, Uke of Spaces Corners, Daniel Higgs, Over a Cardboard Sea, Echolepsy.
- Sunday, August 9, 2009: Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
- Sunday, August 9, 2009: Chicago, IL Logan Square Auditorium 2539 n. kedzie chicago, IL
- Friday, August 7, 2009: St. Louis, MO CAMP 3022A Cherokee St., St. Louis, MO 63118
- Thursday, August 6, 2009: Little Rock, AR Schiller Street 315 S. Schiller Street, Little Rock, AR 72205
- Wednesday, August 5, 2009: Baton Rouge, LA The Ivanhoe Field 3253 ivanhoe street, baton rouge, LA 70802
- Tuesday, August 4, 2009: New Orleans, LA Hi-Ho Lounge 2239 Saint Claude Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70117
- Monday, August 3, 2009: Pensacola, FL Sluggo’s 2403 W Cervantes St. Pensacola, FL 32505
- Sunday, August 2, 2009: Atlanta, GA EYEDRUM 290 MLK Jr. Dr. SE Atlanta, GA 30312
- Saturday, August 1, 2009: Athens, GA Farm 255 255 W Washington St, Athens, GA 30601
- Friday, July 31, 2009: Chattanooga, TN Winder Binder Gallery 40 Frazier Avenue Chattanooga, TN 37405
Presented by the Shaking Ray Levi Society
Keep your ears open for late-night adventures.
- Thursday, July 30, 2009: Asheville, NC Bobo Gallery 22 N Lexington Ave, Asheville, NC
- Wednesday, July 29, 2009: Greensboro, NC The Greene Street Club 113 North Greene Street Greensboro, NC 27401
- Saturday, July 11, 2009: Baltimore, MD MICA Parking Lot 131 West North Ave., Baltimore, MD
- Friday, July 10, 2009: Brooklyn, New York Market Hotel 1142 Myrtle Ave @ Broadway, Brooklyn, NY
What Cheer? Brigade, Javelin, Growing, Devin Flynn & Gary Panter, and Kokomo. This show shall be totally wack.
- Wednesday, July 8, 2009: Providence, RI Union 196 Union Street, Providence, RI 02903
- Saturday, June 20, 2009: Providence, RI The Dark Lady 124 Snow Street Providence, RI
Catch us in the parade, then pay to see us at the Dark Lady, because proceeds will benefit AIDS Care Ocean State
- Friday, May 29, 2009: Worcester, MA Firehouse
Benefit for Stone Soup Collective: http://StoneSoupWorcester.org
Early show starts at 6pm
Fat Worm of Error: http://www.myspace.com/fatwormoferror
Opposites Day – moms and sons play punk rock!
- Thursday, May 14, 2009: Providence, RI RISD (Market Square, outside the RISD Auditorium) 20 North Main Street, Providence, RI 02903
- Sunday, May 3, 2009: Providence, RI Dark Lady 124 Snow St, Providence, RI
The 4th Annual Sneep-O de Mayo
Block Party, Music Fest, Bar-B-Q, B-Day
Made in Mexico
Triangle Forest and more!
- Saturday, April 25, 2009: Pawtucket, RI Kafe Lila 250 Main Street, Pawtucket, RI 02860
Special Appearance to kick off the ice cream season.
WC?B plays at 4pm.
- Friday, April 3, 2009: Providence, RI Firehouse XIII 41 Central Street, Providence, RI 02907
- Sunday, March 29, 2009: Queens, NY The Silent Barn 9-15 Wyckoff Ave, Queens, NY 11385
- Saturday, March 28, 2009: Baltimore, MD Golden West Cafe (The Long Bar) 1105 West 36th Street, Baltimore, MD 21211
- Friday, March 27, 2009: Philadelphia, PA Cha-cha’razzi 1918 S. Bancroft St., Philadelphia, PA
- Sunday, January 18, 2009: Brooklyn, NY Union Pool 484 Union Ave, Brooklyn New York
We play Stagger Back Brass Band’s CD Release Party, at 9pm
- Saturday, January 17, 2009: New York City Golden Fest 2009 620 Isham St. New York city, Ny
We are the final act of the night (2:50am) but you should come early for a raft of amazing music.
- Saturday, November 8, 2008: Providence, RI AS220 115 Empire St. Providence RI
- Saturday, October 25, 2008: Providence, RI Riverside Park, Olneyville (Behind Atlantic Mills) 72 aleppo st. Providence, RI 02909
The Olneyville Fall Festival!
Cool games and prizes and stuff for kids.
The festival is from 12pm to 4pm.
We play around 3pm.
- Monday, October 13, 2008: Providence, RI AS220 and the Providence Black Repertory Company 115 Empire St., Providence, RI
- Sunday, October 12, 2008: Cambridge, MA Honk! 2008 Day 2 25 Brattle St., Cambridge, ma
- Saturday, October 11, 2008: Somerville, MA Honk! 2008 Day 1 Davis Square, somerville, ma
We play in various zones around Davis Square:
2pm – Statue Park (in front of JP Lick’s)
6pm – Davis Square Plaza (in front of Starbuck’s)
Check the Honk website for details.
- Wednesday, October 8, 2008: Northampton, MA Pearl Street 10 Pearl Street, Northampton, MA
- Sunday, September 28, 2008: Montpelier, VT Langdon St. Cafe 4 Langdon St. Montpelier, VT
Early show! at 5pm
w/.357 String Band.
Part of the Army of Fun Street Festival!
- Saturday, September 27, 2008: Saturday, September 27, 2008 Harvard Square, Cambridge MA
HONK Ruckus in the “most traveled” Square in the US and A!
12:30 pm What Cheer? Brigade will play lots of notes and ask you to support this year’s HONK Festival!
Preceded by the wonderful Emperor Norton’s Stationary Marching Band from Somerville.
- Sunday, September 7, 2008: Long Island City Deitch Gallery 4-40 44th Drive, Long Island City, New York
Smash champagne bottles and sing sea shanties til you are blue in the face!
What Cheer? will be providing the joyfully chaotic soundtrack to welcome the Swimming Cities of the Switchback Seas Flotilla as she completes her maiden voyage down the Hudson River.
Swashbuckling arrival with sonic tsunami accompaniment begins at 5:30.
- Saturday, September 6, 2008: Brooklyn, NY Union Pool 484 Union Avenue, Brooklyn, New York 11211
$10 – early show! – 9pm
- Saturday, September 6, 2008: Cranford, NJ Union County Musicfest 2008 (Day 2)
Visit the Union County Musicfest website for ticket info.
- Friday, September 5, 2008: Asbury Park, NJ Asbury Lanes 209 4th Ave, Asbury Park, NJ
- Friday, September 5, 2008: Cranford, NJ Union County Musicfest 2008 (Day 1)
Visit the Union County Musicfest website for ticket info. We play at 6pm and 8:15pm on Friday.
- Tuesday, August 19, 2008: Providence, RI Brown Street Park Brown St. and Creighton St., Providence, RI 02906
- Saturday, August 16, 2008: Machias, ME Blackfly Ball Machias Grange Hall 3 Elm St, Machias, ME
The Beehive Collective‘s annual ball.
w/ The UMaine Machias Ukulele Club
Other Bands TBD
- Friday, August 15, 2008: Portland, ME a house party 176 coyle st, portland, me
Call 401-787-3236 for details.
- Sunday, August 10, 2008: Providence, RI Donigian Park valley st. and amherst st. providence, RI 02909
Event kicks off at 2pm.
We play around 4pm.
Mid-afternoon show in the park!
Benefit for the legal and medical bills of Alex Svoboda.
- Sunday, July 27, 2008: Seattle, WA High Dive 513 N. 36th, Seattle, WA 98103
- Saturday, July 26, 2008: Olympia, WA Block Party at the Track House Jefferson at 7th Ave., Olympia, WA
We wuv owympia, wa
- Friday, July 25, 2008: Portland, OR Someday Lounge 125 NW 5th Avenue, Portland, OR 97209,
- Thursday, July 24, 2008: Oregon Coast Lunasea Gardens Farm 79184 necanicum highway, nehalem, or
Somewhere the coast of Oregon…
- Wednesday, July 23, 2008: Portland, OR The Bluffs at North Skidmore Terrace north skidmore terrace, Portland, OR
Playing on some Bluffs outside the city!
- Tuesday, July 22, 2008: Eureka, CA Lil’ Red Lion 1506 5th St, Eureka, CA
- Sunday, July 20, 2008: San Francisco, CA Million Fishes 2501 Bryant St, San Francisco, CA 94110
w/Tiger Honey Pot
Appearing as Part of the Mission Creek Music Festival
- Sunday, July 20, 2008: San Francisco, CA Amnesia 853 Valencia St., San Francisco, CA
w/Super Secreta Especial Guest
Appearing as Part of the Mission Creek Music Festival
- Saturday, July 19, 2008: Oakland, CA Ghost Town Gallery 2519 San Pablo Ave, Oakland, CA
Appearing with lots of other bands as part of Heeb Magazine’s Diamond Days Festival
- Saturday, July 19, 2008: Oakland, CA Apgar House 921 Apgar St., Oakland, CA
- Friday, July 18, 2008: Los Angeles, CA CIA 11334 Burbank Blvd. North Hollywood, CA
- Thursday, July 17, 2008: Los Angeles, CA Spaceland 1717 Silver Lake Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90026
- Saturday, July 12, 2008: Providence Sound Session All over downtown Providence Providence, RI
Catch us in the parade! And who knows where else?
- Friday, January 18, 2008: Brooklyn Union Pool 484 Union Ave, Brooklyn, NY
We join the Stagger Back Brass Band for their CD Release Party
Oct 26, 2007: Bldg 16 – Providence
We finally play a hometown show! With the West Philly Orchestra, DJ Meridef and DJ George.
Oct 31, 2007: Firehouse 13, Providence
Join us for Providence is Haunted! http://myspace.com/certifiedbananas
Oct 7, 2007: Honk Festival – Cambridge, MA
12:00pm Parade from Davis Square to Harvard Square 5:00pm We play at the Harvard Square Oktoberfest! http://www.harvardsquare.com/Home/Articles/Oktoberfest-Schedule-Announced.aspx
Oct 6, 2007: Honk Festival – Somerville, MA
First day of Honk Performances we appear twice at places around Davis Square: 3:00, Statue Park (in front of JP Lick’s) 6:00, Davis Square Plaza (Starbuck’s courtyard) www.honkfest.org
Sep 29, 2007: Saturday – Firstworks Festival – Providence, RI
Catch us outside the PPAC during the Firstworks Festival. http://www.firstworksprov.org
Sep 15, 2007: Saturday – Cranston, RI – Southside Community Landtrust Hoedown
The Brigade Rocks the Fourth Annual SCLT Hoedown. Come dance, eat and drink for an awesome cause. Ticket info here: http://www.southsideclt.org/about/events.php
Sep 8, 2007: Saturday – New York, NY – Mehanata, 113 Ludlow St
The Brigade Rocks the L.E.S at Mehanata. J,M,Z Essex St.; F,V 2nd Ave.; B,D Grand. Show starts at 9:00.
Aug 11-12, 2007: Guca Festival – Guca, Serbia
Aug 8-10, 2007: Sziget Festival – Budapest, Hungary
Aug 7, 2007: Nagy West Balkan – Budapest, Hungary
Aug 4, 2007: White Trash Strandmarkt – Berlin, Germany
Aug 3, 2007: Bassy Cowboy Club – Berlin, Germany
Aug 3, 2007: Cafe Zapata at Tacheles – Berlin, Germany
Aug 2, 2007: Golden Pudel Club – Hamburg, Germany
St. Pauli Fischmarkt 27 S-Bahn Reeperbahn
Aug 5, 2007: ACUD Sessionscafe – Berlin, Germany
Aug 4, 2007: Lovelite – Berlin, Germany
Jul 4, 2007: Liberty Fest
The surliest of 4th of July celebrations. On Smith Hill in Providence with plenty of other local funnists.
Jul 1, 2007: McCarran Park Pool Party – NYC
We’ll be playing a show inside of North America’s Second Largest Pool! With Dengue Fever, Man Man, and Illinois. We kick off an early show at 2pm. Free! L-Bedford or G-Metropolitan
Jul 15, 2007: Jake’s Bar and Grille w/Okkervil River
We’ll be playing a show with our good friends from Austin, Okkervil River. It’ll be kind of like the odd couple, but a show. http://www.jound.com/okkervil/
Jul 19, 2007: Parade Street Farmers’ Market
Catch us raising a ruckus while people buy fresh veggies!
Apr 28, 2007: Hempfest at URI
Free all day concert to raise awareness about the impacts of the drug war. At the URI Quad. http://www.myspace.com/hempfesturi
Jun 16, 2007: Firstworks Kids Festival
2:30pm outdoor performance outside the RISD auditorium by the river. Then at 5pm, we lead the parade of costumed kids from Benefit street to Waterplace park.
May 3, 2007: David Segal Fundraiser
8pm sharp at Nick-a-Nees bar . State legislator David Segal was the first Green party member elected in RI, when he was on Providence city council. In November he was elected state legislator, but still has some outstanding bills from the campaign. Party on.
Mar 30, 2007: Rubulad Party in Brooklyn
338 Flushing Ave in Brooklyn between Classon & Taaffe – near the Navy Yard. $10, doors at 10pm. $15 after 11pm. The Village Voice describes it as: “Best Insane Brooklyn Weekend Spot to See Bands…when Rubulad puts on a show, they don’t do it in a small way, it usually involves local and out-of-town bands, weird arty decorations all over the place, DJs, slide shows, costumes, quasi-legal beverages, drone-chants, giant-sized puppet shows, circus performers, cookouts…” DIRECTIONS: L train to Bedford Avenue > B61 bus on Driggs to Flushing Ave (10 mins) > left under BQE. ** OR ** J/M/Z to Marcy Ave > walk along Rev. Dr. GE Taylor Blvd > turns into Williamsburg St West at Flushing > left under BQE. ** OR ** G train to Flushing and follow address numbers. ** OR ** driving – BQE to EXIT 31 toward WYTHE AVE/KENT AVE. Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto WILLIAMSBURG ST W. Turn LEFT onto FLUSHING AVE.
Apr 19, 2007: Boston with Debo Band & Balkan Situations
Early show in Boston! 7-11pm with Debo Band — an amazing Ethiopiques-style 15+ person band — and The Balkan Situtations, a nine-piece traditional Balkan folk group. Door price is $8, and don’t be late!! At the YWCA in Central Square http://www.myspace.com/deboband http://thebalkansituations.wordpress.com/
May 11, 2007: AS220 w/Slavic Soul Party & Debo Band
Our European fundraiser show! $8 all ages show at AS220 in Providence, with Slavic Soul Party! — a fantastic 9-piece funky Balkan/American band from NYC — and Debo Band — an amazing Ethiopiques-style 15+ person band from Boston. Raffle ticket drawing at the show to win the band! See the front page of our website for more info on the raffle. http://www.as220.org http://www.slavicsoulparty.com http://www.myspace.com/deboband
Jul 17, 2007: City Arts Block Party
City Arts celebrates the rehab of their new building at 891 Broad street in Providence with a big block party.
May 5, 2007: EFA Soccer Cup
English for Action annual soccer cup fundraiser at Donigian Park (Amherst and Valley street intersection in Providence). Short halftime set!!
Jul 21, 2007: Sound Session
Biggest city-wide music festival culminates tonight with a parade and outdoor performances from tons of bands, including us. Details at http://www.providencesoundsession.com
Jun 9, 2007: Apeiron RI Sustainable Energy Festival
In Coventry, RI. Parking at: Western Coventry Elementary School . www.livingfest.org
Apr 22, 2007: Earth Day at the Zoo
The Roger Williams Zoo, that is.
Mar 17, 2007: Newport St. Patrick’s Day Parade
Bringing Bollywood and Balkan to the Irish, with the help of Narragansett Beer.
Apr 3, 2007: New Your City
Thats new *your* city, a celebration of urban planning by Providence elementary school students. Fox Point Library FREE
Apr 1, 2007: Coney Island Opening Day Petting Zoo
Well in New York City the permit for playing live music on the streets says you can’t run a petting zoo, but we’re encouraging you to blatantly flaunt that law with your own interpretation. Joined by Hungry March Band, Rude Mechanical Orchestra, and perhaps others. All over Coney Island, for FREE, friends. See you there.
Mar 31, 2007: Mehanata (Bulgarian Bar) in Manhattan
113 Ludlow Street in NYC. $10 cover. DJ and dancing all night long with DJ Joro Boro spinning Balkanized music and more till late. http://www.mehanata.com Described as a Slavic den of inequity”… the UK Guardian sez: “The music is a seething hotchpotch of deep Balkan house and stomping folk beats while the bar serves up a strong Bulgarian punch and shows experimental eastern European cinema and Saturday night TV comedy straight from Sofia.””
Jun 1, 2007: Dream Night at Roger Williams Park Zoo
Every year Roger Williams Park Zoo joins with zoos around the world in a free evening opening exclusively for chronically ill and disabled children and their families. For the second year in a row, What Cheer? is there too! http://www.dreamnightatthezoo.nl
Apr 14, 2007: International Institute Spring Carnival Ball
Once again, What Cheer? will be on hand to wish IIRI a happy birthday. At the Rhodes-on-the-Pawtuxet Ballroom. For ticket info, go to http://www.iiri.org/springcarnivalball/eventfaq.html
Feb 25, 2007: Claudia Benefit! – Columbus Theater
The Brigade plays a benefit for a dear friend at the Columbus Theater. w/Mahi Mahi and many others. $10 for a lot of music and a great cause.
Dec 31, 2006: AS220
The Brigade rings in the new year at AS220. Afterward, we just might play somewhere else!
Dec 31, 2006: Bright Night 2007
New Years Eve kicks off! The Brigade will march around Downtown Providence as part of the Bright Night 2007 festivities. www.brightnight.org
Oct 31, 2006: Halloween Brendon Decatur Benefit
Benefit for Brendon Ryan, who was hit by a car on his bicycle and has massive hospital bills. Americorps has terrible insurance!! At the Decatur Lounge,
Oct 29, 2006: Spooky Zoo Sunday
Roger Williams Park Zoo
Oct 28, 2006: Olneyville Fall Festival
The Annual Olneyville Fall Festival: kids, games, prizes, a well-intentioned-but-hypocritical-toy-gun-crushing robot and other fun contradictions. @ Donigian park on Valley St. in Olneyville
Oct 9, 2006: Jammin on the Two! Party at the Black Rep
The Providence Black Repertory Company www.blackrep.org) and the Rhode Island Right to Vote Campaign host a party for everyone who’s been working hard to pass Question 2 on the Rhode Island ballot this November 7. Free for campaign volunteers. $5 donation from others. www.blackrep.org www.restorethevote.org
Oct 8, 2006: Honk Festival Day 2
Nov 7, 2006: Vote Yes on 2 !
Oct 28, 2006: Steelyard Iron Pour
Metalworking performance with soundtrack provided by your What Cheer? Brigade. Located at The Steelyard – 27 Sims Ave in Providence. www.ironguild.net www.thesteelyard.org
Sep 9, 2006: Southside Land Trust Hoedown
Southside Community Land Trust “Harvest Hoedown” at the Urban Edge Farm, 35 Pippin Orchard Road in Cranston, RI. Celebrating 25 years of SCLT!
Aug 15, 2006: BACK ON! Madness in Boston with Extra Action and The Secret Hippies!
It’s really happening folks! At Encuentro 5, in Boston’s Chinatown. 33 Harrison Ave. 5th Floor. Show starts at 9:00
Jul 4, 2006: Liberty Fest at Smith Hill
Informal street festival full of all kinds of neighbors and schemers and dreamers. At the futuristic district” – corner of Duke and Orms streets in Providence.”
Aug 14, 2006: Extra Action AS220 Show
We open up the show for the phenomenal Extra Action Marching Band, from Oakland CA ( http://www.extra-action.com ). AS220 is at 115 Empire St in Providence.
Sep 15, 2006: Providence Wunderground Opening
This will be an amazing opening at the RISD Museum. It is a celebration of 10 years of Providence’s beautiful screenprinted poster art, and What Cheer will be on hand to make it rock. http://www.risd.edu/museum_exhibitions.cfm?type=upcoming&onview=museum_onview_92.cfm
Sep 9, 2006: Jake’s Grandmother’s Birthday
What Cheer? will play a brief birthday set at Jake’s.
Aug 12, 2006: Wakefield Parade
It’s got puppets, it’ll be insance, that’s all we know at this point!
Jul 29, 2006: The Decatur’s Fifth Anniversary
We love the Decatur and the Decatur loves us; you can bet we’ll be celebrating.
Jul 22, 2006: Providence SoundSession 06 – Closing Night
Providence’s biggest summer music festival. We will parade with the Hot 8 Brass Band from New Orleans and the Hungry March Band from Brooklyn, then play a follow-up show with the same, plus Lightning Bolt. http://providencesoundsession.com/
May 23, 2006: It’s What Cheer?’s first birthday. Who knows what could happen?
Jun 1, 2006: Does brass float?
Jun 5, 2006: Recess! (For 2nd Graders in Central Falls Only)
May 12, 2006: David Segal Fundraiser
Providence’s champion of progressive politics, City Councilman David Segal, has tapped us to play his fundraiser, downstairs at Trinity Brewhouse . Come support one of the only politicians in this city that supports you; come prepared to make a donation. http://www.votesegal.com
Oct 7, 2006: HONK Festival Day 1, Somerville
An awesome brass fest in Somerville and Cambridge on Saturday and Sunday! http://honkfest.org/
Jun 9, 2006: New Urban Arts
This awesome Youth Arts Organization has tapped What Cheer? for an important event. Plus, it’s our State House debut. http://www.newurbanarts.org/
May 1, 2006: March to Support Immigrants’ Rights!
Members of What Cheer? will be marching and playing in solidarity with immigrants seeking a just and sane immigration policy for the U.S. March begins at Central High School and proceeds to the State House.
May 9, 2006: Recess?
Learning Community Charter School in Central Falls. Contingent on weather.
Jul 4, 2006: Ancients & Horribles Parade
In Chepachet, RI (a village in the town of Glocester), this parade is all about the real spirit of America: satire, booze and rowdiness. http://www.glocesterri.org/parade.htm
Jun 17, 2006: Firstworks Rising Stars Festival
downtown providence at market square ; parade to waterplace park at 5pm. For more info on this, check out http://www.firstworksprov.org
Jun 11, 2006: lupo’s w/bindlestiff family circus
What Cheer? opens for the insane grown-up circus antics of the Bindlestiff Family Circus at Lupo’s Heartbreak Hotel at . Show will be kind of early. http://www.lupos.com http://www.bindlestiff.org
May 12, 2006: Tiny Hawks Tour Sendoff
Tiny Hawks has invited us to ruin their 2006 spring tour sendoff. Building 16, Providence. Also playing: The Good Good (Brooklyn) http://www.collectalltheleaches.com/; Api Uiz (France); French In Action (Providence/Worcester); http://www.myspace.com/tinyhawks
Apr 30, 2006: May Day Party
Come celebrate May Day with What Cheer? and some other great bands at Cemetery Street in Providence. . Also performing: The Lazy Magnet Orchestra, Samantha Hawk Pierce, Exile & Lockey, and others.
Jul 15, 2006: AS220’s Annual Street Festival
This pillar of the RI arts community has invited us to help them celebrate their 21st birthday. http://www.as220.org
Jun 17, 2006: Collective A-Go-Go Party
Check out this rad anniversary part for an even radder place in Providence’s unofficial sister city, Â¡Worcester!
May 6, 2006: EFA Soccer Cup
Come play soccer for an awesome cause! Plus listen to What Cheer? and maybe even watch some of us try to play a little fÃºtbol. It’s all going down at Donigian Park on Valley St. in Olneyville. Check out English for Action at http://www.englishforaction.org
Mar 22, 2006: Immigration March gig
YMCA on Broad St
Apr 1, 2006: April Fools Fort Greene Park and Lillies
Apr 22, 2006: Int’l Institute Ball
arrive by 6pm in FULL COSTUME – get crazy!
Apr 8, 2006: Crash Lupo’s Gig w/ Wolf Parade
Mar 28, 2006: Fox Point Library Gig
Mar 25, 2006: Robin Amer Birthday Party Gig
chinatown loft, plus march around chinatown
Mar 30, 2006: Jake’s